Sunday, March 6, 2011

Coming up:

I just finished work for Canto 4. Thought I'd mix it up a bit with white charcoal on black paper. I'm a little underwhelmed, honestly - the white stuff just doesn't spread like regular charcoal, although it does make for some good contrast.

In other news, Canto 5 should be fun - I get to illustrate how all those heathen souls get sorted and delivered to the various realms of Hell (with a whirlwind!). We're also going to have some demons - I'm thinking of making demons to be incredibly massive; something that would really put anyone who beheld it in total awe. Inf. #5 will probably necessitate some bigger paper.

Speaking of paper, I just got some new pads at Aaron Brothers. I've been using heavy Blick watercolor paper for the last 3 since it's got a good weight to it, but the texture isn't really what I like so I'm switching to 90lb drawing paper to see if that will work better with the style I'm shooting for. Maybe if there's any interest I can do some materials comparisons later on in the project. There's just so much to do and it's all so exciting!

Oh right, I have work in the morning.

*sigh*

'night

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your courteous feedback and polite critique!